Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ouch!

Do you ever do anything stupid? Brenna and I were painting the bathroom at work! (That wasn't the stupid part.) The stupid part is that I wasn't as careful as I should have been. Poor Brenna ran me to the hospital and stayed with me until all the x-rays were complete. We met my husband @ the hospital.....I finally learned that I had NO broken bones, that I was just going to be bruised and sore....I fell over backwards off the ladder so thank goodness for the toilet, my hip and back took the brunt of it and I am convinced it stopped me from breaking my neck!
7 months ago I had Cervical Discectomy Surgery where a Neurosergeon fused C4-5, C5-C-6, and C6-C7 vertabrates in my neck. There is a metal plate and screws and donor bone to hold it all together. I just finished with physical therapy at Christmas time. It's been a long road! So needless to say I am very grateful!



4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ouch is right! All the kids looked at these pictures too and they just said OWWWW! So now Britt has seen your owwies. Wow, Mom pretty painful looking. So glad your ok and no broken bones. You take care and be careful! Love ya lots

Brenna said...

My goodness I am so greatful that things are not worse. That was a hell of a fall! I am so glad that you are OK!

Shauni Kaye said...

I still can't believe you didn't brake any bones with that fall. Ya I agree with you that someone must have been watching over you. Be careful and take care. We will see you soon. Love ya

Margie said...

I hope Kent gave you my message - We are too damn old to be up on ladders, chairs etc! Look what happened to Brenda. Glad you are ok.